The Maltz Jupiter Theatre will be holding open call auditions for our 2022-23 productions of A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, Sweet Charity, and Oliver! on Saturday, May 7th beginning at 9 a.m. Callbacks will take place later that day beginning at 1 p.m.
Please sign up for an audition with the registration button below. Performers will be seen in the order in which they arrive within their selected time block.
Minors must be accompanied by an adult. Parents/Guardians will not be allowed into the audition room.
The Maltz Jupiter Theatre is committed to building diversity, equity and inclusion both onstage and throughout our organization. Artists of all ethnicities, gender identities, ages, as well as performers with disabilities are strongly encouraged to audition.
Denis Jones, Director/Choreographer for Oliver!
Marcos Santana, Director/Choreographer for Sweet Charity
Rebecca Kritzer, Associate Choreographer for Sweet Charity
Andrew Kato, Producing Artistic Director, for Jen Werner, Director for A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
WHAT TO BRING
• 4 copies of your headshot and resume stapled together.
• Dance clothes and dance shoes for the dance call (character or jazz shoes).
• 16 bars of two contrasting songs in the style of the show you’d most like to audition for. Please bring your sheet music secured in a binder with the 16-bar cuts clearly marked on the page. Please also bring your audition book in the event the casting team would like to hear additional songs.
Note: If you are auditioning for Oliver! You will be asked to sing or read with a British or Cockney accent as mentioned in the character description.
COVID-19 SAFETY AT AUDITION
Everyone entering the audition venue will be required to present either one of the following:
• A negative rapid antigen Covid-19 test taken no more than 24 hours prior to the audition date.
• Proof of full vaccination. “Fully vaccinated,” as defined by the CDC, is more than 14 calendar days following receipt of a final dose of an FDA or World Health Organization authorized or approved vaccine.
The use of a face mask is optional but highly recommended.
We encourage those auditioning to prepare for their audition at home, to the extent that they can (e.g., get dressed, hair/make-up, etc.) to avoid crowding in bathrooms.