House Manager (Test)
Part-time Seasonal, 5 hour shift per show (approximately 20-25 hours/week)
The Front of House Manager is responsible for the operation of the Front of House areas (lobby, auditorium and other public areas). This position encompasses bar/concession assistance and volunteer coordination of assigned activities including season productions, limited engagements and Conservatory performances. Implementing an effective volunteer program is vital to the operation of the theatre, serving the needs of internal functions.
- coordinate and ensure the smooth operation of the Front of House;
- Ensure the safety of patrons, volunteers, and staff through the proper implementation and enforcement of emergency procedures;
- Prepare Front of House Manager’s reports nightly including house counts, merchandise sales, general show notes, lost and found, incident reporting and patron’s feedback;
d) Operate the bar point of sale system, close and reconcile cash registers with the assistance of other bar associates;
e) Coordinate activities with Operations, Stage Management, and other appropriate staff;
f) Coordinate the use of the lobby for receptions including set up, decoration, food preparation and clean up.
g) Oversee pre-show usher meetings;
h) Report and follow through on any malfunctions and safety concerns in the lobby and auditorium; and
j) Resolve any patron issues.
- Post-secondary education preferred – diploma or certificate
- Experience with volunteers and practical knowledge of theatre environment is essential
- First Aid training and CPR preferred (training available as well)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, even temperament, ability to supervise effectively
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Willing to work long hours and split shifts
- Sustained physical activity through lifting up to 50lb. (canisters and water bottles), pushing carts, lobby set up and remaining on feet for long periods of time
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment with many disruptions
- Microsoft Outlook and Excel skills
- Excellent customer service skills
PERFORMANCE COMPETENCIES AND CRITERIA:
- Maintain a professional image (uniform to be provided)
- Efficient organization to accomplish the many facets of FOH
- Building strong relationships to provide a harmonious environment
- Responsive and considerate of the customers needs
- Ethical consideration in all duties
- Maintain a high standard for FOH and volunteers as ambassadors for the Theatre
This position reports to the Security and Operations Manager.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please place “House Manager” in the subject line.