Click each link below to expand and contract each listing:
The Maltz Jupiter Theatre (LORT B+/8.3 million budget) in Jupiter, Florida is looking immediately for a full-time Development Associate to join a six-member development team to assist the Major Gifts Officer with donor relations. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, can easily adapt to changing priorities and schedules, and has at least one year of customer service experience. A background in theatre/development or the performing arts is a plus.
Responsibilities will primarily focus on maintaining and cultivating donor relations. Specific tasks will include: completing administrative duties; developing a more robust donor database; handling donor ticket purchase requests; managing donor touch points; overseeing guest registration at development events; engaging with donors in the Theatre’s donor lounge during select evening performances; assisting with the creation of fundraising appeal mailings; and writing copy for various projects.
This is a full-time, salaried position with a competitive benefits package.
The Maltz Jupiter Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Assistant Technical Director
Maltz Jupiter Theatre seeks a qualified individual to work in conjunction with the Technical Director to oversee operation of the scene shop and production of scenery for the theatre’s five-play mainstage subscription series and five children’s productions.
Position duties and responsibilities:
• Work closely with TD to create shop drawings, communicate build instructions to staff and answer questions/troubleshoot
• Collaborate with MJT staff, designers and directors on each production from concept through implementation
• Participate in all aspects of the build and load-in/out process and oversee shop personnel in the Technical Directors absence
• In collaboration with TD, purchase supplies and materials for scenic builds and submit financial reports
• Maintain the production shop facility including inventories and equipment
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Applicants should have demonstrated extensive experience with shop drawings proficient knowledge of AutoCAD & VectorWorks (2D and 3D drafting) required
• Strong experience with MIG welding required and experience with CNC machines preferred
• Experience with design and implementation of automation and other specialized scenic elements
• The successful candidate will have strong communication, organizational, and time management skills
• Must be able to lift 50lbs and climb ladders.
The ATD must adhere to and enforce safe work practices in the conception, construction, and implementation of scenic designs.
Required education and experience:
• An advanced degree in technical theatre preferred but equivalent professional experience in this field considered
How to apply:
Full-time employment with competitive salary and benefit package.
Application Deadline of June 15, 2019.
Maltz Jupiter Theatre, a LORT B+ theatre in Jupiter, FL is seeking a Carpenter for a full-time/seasonal position (July– March).
- The building, installation and strike of scenery for all Maltz Jupiter Theatre productions and events
- A comprehensive knowledge of traditional scenic construction techniques, metal working and welding, rigging standards and techniques
- An ability to understand and build from both design & technical drawings.
- The successful candidate will have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a positive attitude, strong communication, and time management and teamwork skills.
- Must be able to lift and carry heavy scenery and climb ladders.
How to apply:
This is a full-time/seasonal position (July 23–March 31).
Application Deadline of June 1, 2019.
Overhire Scenic Artist
Maltz Jupiter Theatre is currently seeking qualified overhire Scenic Artists to assist with our upcoming 2019/20 season productions.
• A comprehensive knowledge of traditional scenic paint techniques and carving practices as well as the ability to understand and paint from samples and renderings.
• Have a positive attitude, strong communication, organizational, and time management skills.
• Applicant must be able to lift and carry heavy scenery and climb ladders.
How to apply:
This is a part-time hourly position. Housing and transportation are not provided.
No available positions at this time
Maltz Jupiter Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer