Click each link below to expand and contract each listing:
The Graphic Designer is responsible for creating and overseeing all advertising and printed collateral for all departments of the Maltz Jupiter Theatre. This role manages the schedule for all design projects and works closely with the Director of Marketing to represent the Maltz Jupiter Theatre brand. The Graphic Designer reports to the Director of Marketing and will work with all Theatre departments as needed to develop projects.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Maintaining design schedule for all Maltz Jupiter Theatre materials and ensuring that all design deadlines are met
- Developing newspaper/magazine ads in various sizes and colors
- Overseeing and developing signage and displays for lobbies and other patron spaces
- Creating and developing one to four color brochures/collateral for all departments including, but not limited to:
- Season subscription brochure/order form
- Single ticket flyers/postcards and supporting collateral
- Conservatory brochure and supporting collateral
- Logos needed to support departments and initiatives
- Brochures, flyers and newsletters as needed for the individual and support all theatre departments
- Development event collateral materials
- Creating and managing all e-blasts and working closely with the Marketing Director to create the message
- Attending strategy meetings and brainstorms to come up with creative solutions
- Developing signage and displays for lobbies and patron spaces
- Developing show artwork files to all departments
- Working with all departments to create a unified graphic look for the Theatre
- Working and maintaining relationships with various printers, and related companies
- Attending department and staff meetings
- Minimum 4-6 Years of design experience, magazine experience a plus
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently and support department
- Adaptable, receptive, flexible to changes in pace, priorities and workload
- Proficient in Mac OS
- Knowledge of printing, binding, prepress and specialty techniques
- Proof-reading and editing (AP stylebook)
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of Microsoft office
- Able to work some overtime as needed
Department: Marketing Department
Reports To: Director of Marketing
Status: Full-time, Exempt
The Sales Manager is directly responsible for the oversight of group experiences at the Maltz Jupiter Theatre from first inquiry through post-visit follow-up. This position is also responsible for cultivating business and community partnerships for the Theatre, including selling advertising space for the Theatre’s show programs.
The Sales Manager reports to the Director of Marketing, but will work closely with the Box Office, Finance Department, Guest Services & Operations Manager, and other Theatre departments as necessary.
Group sales responsibilities include:
- Managing new and renewing group subscriptions
- Booking and executing Green Room Club Level group events for the third (and fourth, if applicable) week of musical productions, coordinating with the Guest Services & Operations Manager and the Production & Events Manager for event needs
- Developing and implementing strategies to solicit new group sales, such as cold-calling new prospects and identifying groups targeted for specific productions due to thematic connections
- Maintaining existing relationships with current groups
- Working with the Director of Marketing to create group sales goals and policies
- Reporting on group sales-related activities and goals
- Processing payments for group tickets and events; working with the Finance Department to ensure that all invoices are sent and payments received
- Researching and proposing outreach campaigns to prospective new groups, creating group sales marketing plans for all public programs, with a special emphasis on mainstage productions; following through with outreach and track response for all approved marketing plans.
- Communicating with Front of House and other departments to maintain effective and efficient policies and procedures for greeting, seating, and supervising groups during their visit.
The Sales Manager may also be expected to assist the Box Office in performing a wide range of duties relating to ticket sales for groups, both internal and external. This includes:
- Selling and processing group tickets and group subscriptions
- Collaborating with Box Office leadership to address seating requests, and other special requests from group patrons
- Participating with annual subscription renewal campaigns
- Providing high level customer service and patron relations during all interactions
Advertising sales responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing internal and external sales strategies to acquire and renew program advertising partners; managing the entire process from lead generation, solicitation, contract negotiation, and material collection
- Providing proof of advertising to partners
- Coordinating with the Director of Marketing on ad creation and placement
- Processing advertising payments
- Reporting on advertising sales as needed
The Sales Manager will assist the Marketing Department with other marketing and promotional projects as needed.
This position will be expected to work nights and weekends according to group event schedules.
Salary Range: $40,000 - $47,000 per year
Competitive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, Simple IRA, vacation, sick time, personal time and paid holidays, as outlined in the Maltz Jupiter Theatre employee handbook.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Education and/or experience in sales required. Experience delivering excellent customer service required.
Ability to interact with customers in person, in writing, or on the telephone. Ability to communicate information about sales, and customer interactions to managers and co-workers.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Moderate computer skills required, including ability to use email to communicate with customers and colleagues, track sales, process ticket orders in a ticketing database. Proficiency in a Windows environment.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities. Must have a positive, results-oriented approach and willingness to work as part of a team. Background in theater and/or sales is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to sit or stand in a stationary position for up to 90 percent of the time
- Must be able to regularly move about inside office spaces to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Must have the physical ability to regularly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery (i.e. a calculator, copy machine, computer printer)
- Must be able to exchange information, discuss, express oneself and communicate in a professional manner.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some night/weekend work required to interact with groups
- This position does require travel in the local area. Approximately 30% of the position’s time will be spent within the community soliciting new groups and speaking about the opportunities at the Maltz Jupiter Theatre.
Job Type: Full-time
No available positions at this time
No available positions at this time
No available positions at this time
Maltz Jupiter Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer