Click each link below to expand and contract each listing:
The Maltz Jupiter Theatre (LORT B+/8.3 million budget) in Jupiter, Florida is looking immediately for a full-time Development Associate to join a six-member development team to assist the Major Gifts Officer with donor relations. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, can easily adapt to changing priorities and schedules, and has at least one year of customer service experience. A background in theatre/development or the performing arts is a plus.
Responsibilities will primarily focus on maintaining and cultivating donor relations. Specific tasks will include: completing administrative duties; developing a more robust donor database; handling donor ticket purchase requests; managing donor touch points; overseeing guest registration at development events; engaging with donors in the Theatre’s donor lounge during select evening performances; assisting with the creation of fundraising appeal mailings; and writing copy for various projects.
This is a full-time, salaried position with a competitive benefits package.
The Maltz Jupiter Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Maltz Jupiter Theatre, a LORT B+ theatre in Jupiter, FL is seeking a Carpenter for a full-time/seasonal position (July– March).
- The building, installation and strike of scenery for all Maltz Jupiter Theatre productions and events
- A comprehensive knowledge of traditional scenic construction techniques, metal working and welding, rigging standards and techniques
- An ability to understand and build from both design & technical drawings.
- The successful candidate will have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a positive attitude, strong communication, and time management and teamwork skills.
- Must be able to lift and carry heavy scenery and climb ladders.
How to apply:
This is a full-time/seasonal position (July 23–March 31).
Overhire Scenic Artist
Maltz Jupiter Theatre is currently seeking qualified overhire Scenic Artists to assist with our upcoming 2019/20 season productions.
• A comprehensive knowledge of traditional scenic paint techniques and carving practices as well as the ability to understand and paint from samples and renderings.
• Have a positive attitude, strong communication, organizational, and time management skills.
• Applicant must be able to lift and carry heavy scenery and climb ladders.
How to apply:
This is a part-time hourly position. Housing and transportation are not provided.
Front of House Manager
Seasonal position: October – April, 5 hour shift per show
The Front of House Manager is responsible for the operation of the Front of House areas (lobby, auditorium and other public areas). This position encompasses volunteer coordination of assigned activities including company, limited engagements and conservatory performances. Implementing an effective volunteer program is vital to the operation of the theatre, serving the needs of internal functions.
a) Coordinate and ensure the smooth operation of the Front of House.
b) Ensure the safety of patrons, volunteers, and staff through the proper implementation and enforcement of emergency procedures.
c) Prepare Front of House manager’s reports nightly including house counts, merchandise sales, lost and found, incident reporting and patron’s feedback.
d) Coordinate activities with Operations, Stage Management, and other appropriate staff.
e) Coordinate the use of the lobby for receptions including set up, decoration, food preparation and clean up.
f) Report and follow through on any malfunctions and safety concerns in the lobby and auditorium.
g) Oversee preshow usher meetings.
h) Quick thinking problem solving and resolution of patron issues
- Post-secondary education preferred – diploma or certificate
- Experience with volunteers and practical knowledge of theatre environment is essential
- First Aid training and CPR preferred (training available as well)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, even temperament, and ability to supervise effectively
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Willing to work long hours and split shifts (sometimes two 5hr shifts in a day)
- Sustained physical activity through lifting up to 50lb. (programs), pushing carts, lobby set up and remaining on feet for long periods of time
- Ability to multitask and handle fast paced environment with many disruptions
- Microsoft Outlook and basic computer skills
- Excellent customer service skills
PERFORMANCE COMPETENCIES AND CRITERIA:
- Maintain a professional image
- Efficient organization to accomplish the many facets of FOH
- Building strong relationships to provide a harmonious environment
- Responsive to and considerate of the patrons and their needs
- Ethical consideration in all duties
- Maintain a high standard for FOH and volunteers as ambassadors for the theatre
This position reports to the Director of Operations and/or Operations Manager.
No available positions at this time
Maltz Jupiter Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer