Click each link below to expand and contract each listing:
Groups Sales Associate
Department: Marketing Department
Reports To: Director of Marketing
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Under the direction of the Director of Marketing, the Group Sales Associate is directly responsible for the oversight of group experiences at the Maltz Jupiter Theatre from first inquiry through post-visit follow-up. Duties also include serving as the main point of contact for key groups, cultivating new business, program ad sales, and maintain and grow existing group relationships in order to reach annual department goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Group Sales
- Develop and implement strategies to cultivate and solicit new group sales including, but not limited to, cold calling new prospects and identifying groups targeted for specific productions due to thematic connections
- Maintain existing relationships with current groups
- Work with the Director of Marketing to create group sales goals, and policies
- Report on group sales related to activities and goals
- Work with finance to ensure that all invoices are sent, and payments received
- Process payments, when necessary
- Program Ad Sales
- Develop and implement inside and outside sales strategies to acquire and renew program advertising partners. Manage entire process from lead generation, solicitation, contract negotiation, and material collection
- Provide proof of advertising to partners
- Coordinate with creative director on ad creation and placement
- Process payments
- Report on advertising sales
- Work within the box office when needed.
- Collaborate with box office leadership when identifying seating requests.
- Participate within annual subscription renewal campaigns
- Assist marketing department with other marketing and promotional projects as needed
- Manage and perform a wide range of duties relating to tickets sales for groups, both internal and external.
- Provide the highest level of customer service and patron relations during all interactions.
- Research and propose to the Director of Marketing outreach to prospective new groups, creating group sales marketing plans for all public programs, with a special emphasis on mainstage productions; following through with outreach and track response for all approved marketing plans.
- Communicate with Front of House and other departments to maintain effective and efficient policy and procedure for greeting, seating, and supervision of groups during their visit.
The Sales Associate does not supervise any staff or volunteers
Base salary plus commission. Commensurate with experience; competitive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, voluntary supplemental benefits, Simple IRA, vacation, sick time, personal time and paid holidays as outlined in the company’s employee manual.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Education and/or experience in sales required. Experience delivering excellent customer service required.
Ability to interact with customers in person, in writing, or on the telephone. Ability to communicate information about sales, and customer interactions to managers and co-workers.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Moderate computer skills required, including ability to use email to communicate with customers and colleagues, track sales, process ticket orders in a ticketing database.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities. Must have a positive, results-oriented approach and willingness to work as part of a team. Background in theater is preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to sit or stand in a stationary position for up to 90 percent of the time
- Must be able to regularly move about inside office spaces to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Must have the physical ability to regularly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery (i.e. a calculator, copy machine, computer printer)
- Must be able to exchange information, discuss, express oneself and communicate in a professional manner.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some night/weekend work required to interact with groups
- This position does require travel in the local area. Approximately 30% of the position’s time will be spent within the community soliciting new groups and speaking about the opportunities at the Maltz Jupiter Theatre.
Overhire Scenic Artist
Maltz Jupiter Theatre is currently seeking qualified overhire Scenic Artists to assist with our upcoming 2018/19 season productions.
• A comprehensive knowledge of traditional scenic paint techniques and carving practices as well as the ability to understand and paint from samples and renderings.
• Have a positive attitude, strong communication, organizational, and time management skills.
• Applicant must be able to lift and carry heavy scenery and climb ladders.
How to apply:
This is a part-time hourly position. Housing and transportation are not provided.
Overhire Stage Crew
Maltz Jupiter Theatre is currently seeking qualifies Stage Crew for our upcoming productions
• Assisting with the setup, running and striking of all props, scenery, and stage production equipment.
• Demonstrated experience with power tools (i.e. screw gun, table saw, chop saw),
• Must be able to routinely lift forty-fifty pounds, do ladder work, and work in heights up to 30 feet.
• The successful candidate will have a positive attitude, strong communication, organizational, and time management skills
How to apply:
Travel and housing is not provided.
Overhire Properties Carpenter
No available positions at this time
Maltz Jupiter Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer